Distribution Period of Online Response ID and Questionnaire
You can easily respond anytime, anywhere
from a PC, tablet, or smartphone!
Online Response Period
* The dates may change due to the effects of the novel coronavirus.
Watch a mini concert in support of the Population Census, performed by the Kyoto Prefectural Higashiuji Senior High School brass band club that inspired the “Sound! Euphonium” anime series!
- Some mail marked “Population Census”
arrived at my house the other day…
- Hey, Mr. Taki! You’re a teacher.
Can you tell us what a population census is?
- It’s a survey that applies to all people
currently residing in Kyoto Prefecture as of
- It applies to everyone including
students living alone that haven’t transferred
their certificate of residence to Kyoto
Prefecture, foreigners that have resided here
for 3 months or more, and babies born on or
before October 1.
- So, it also applies to
my international student friends!
- What’s the population
census used for?
- It has broad uses in many fields including
revising Lower House single-seat electoral
districts and calculating local allocation
taxes, as well as making disaster
management plans and childcare support
- I see, I see☆ So, it really is
an important survey♪
- But, if it’s such an important survey,
won’t you have to answer a ton of questions?
It sounds kind of hard…
- There are 16 questions,
and they’re actually quite easy to answer.
- Oh, really?
In that case, even someone like me could
- During the online response period,
you can take the census anytime
24 hours a day from a PC or smartphone.
- Also, there’s support in 7 languages
including Japanese and English,
so foreign residents can rest easy.
- Oh! Inside the envelope there’s a
“User’s Guide to Responding Online”!
- So, using the login ID and access key
printed here, just follow the guide
and you’re good to go
- The response period is
Mon. 9/14 – Wed. 10/7.
Everyone be sure you
remember to respond, okay?
- Got it!
- I’ll mark it on my calendar!